Cost is Per Person. If any date says 'sold out' then capacity for that Intro Class has been reached.
The Introduction to Japanese Rope Bondage class is our entry level class for those who are curious to learn about the art of Shibari/Kinbaku and begin their journey. Even if you have a little experience already, it's still recommended to attend the Intro class for a full overview of the curriculum offered at the Toronto Kinbaku Salon and to gain a deeper understanding of the single column tie.
Students are welcome to attend this class by themselves or with a partner, however the material is single friendly and can be tied on your own ankles. Students are encouraged to bring their own rope if they have it. If not, The Salon has plenty of house rope for students to practice with. Have questions? Take a look at our Stuff to Know page or ask us: TorontoKinbakuSalon@gmail.com
The Intro Class includes:
- A brief history of Japanese Rope Bondage and it’s rise in the west over the past decade
- Who is Kazami Ranki-sensei?
- Types of Rope, applications and pros/cons
- Rope Bondage safety basics
- Single Column Tie- how it’s executed and why it works.
- Double column tie
- An overview of other classes and a demo of suspension as taught at the Salon
- Free form creative session utilizing the material learned.
|If you wish to RSVP now but pay at the door, do the following:||In the shopping cart, select "Payment In Person (Cash)" from the payment options to complete an RSVP where you wish to pay in person upon entry. If paying in person, you may enter a scene name and a random address to maintain privacy.|
|If you already have a Gift Certificate for Intro Class||Proceed through the checkout in order to RSVP and select "Payment in Person (Cash)" as the payment method. At the door present your gift certificate as payment.|